- Phone Books - We are collecting phone books to recycle. (3/1/07)
- Campbell's Bar Codes - Collect Bar Codes/Lids
- Empty Ink Jet & Laser Printer Cartridges & Digital cell phones
- OfficeMax & Recycled Computer Printer Ink Cartridges
- Meadow Gold Dairies Hawaii: Collect Milk bar codes from Haleakala, Meadow Gold & VIVA half-gallon & gallon cartons
- Internet Resources for Special Children (4/22/02)
- The Parent Line is a confidential statewide "phone line" for parents and others with concerns about children.
- Resource: Lei Making Class' Supply List (2/24/2004)
- KKHS Staff Appreciation Week, first week in May, May 5-9, 2008
1. Cut out the BAR CODES from 1/2 gallon & gallon milk containers of these 3 brands:Meadow Gold Dairies Hawaii has a Healthy Hawaii School Program to help teachers obtain educational tools and materials. Please cut out & turn in these BAR CODES of half-gallon and gallon milk cartons. We bundle them in $5 amounts and are able to purchase items at Education Works.
2. Drop off at the office or at the PCNC window in Bldg. A
Result: We're able to purchase supplies at Education Works.
1/2 gallon bar code = 10 cents
1 gallon bar code = 20 cents
- PTSA News (9/4/07)
- Click here to contact PTSA President, Carol DePonte. The PTSA email address is email@example.com (8/9/07)
- PTSA Board Members (8/9/07)
President Carol DePonte Vice President Dana Hartley Vice President Annie Fisher Recording Secretary Jenny Shimabukuro Corresponding Secretary vacant Treasure Christine Riecke-Gonzales
- Foodland's Give Aloha: Sep. 1-30, 2007
Thank you for your support!
- Join the PTSA:     Membership fee: $15.00 (8/9/07)* Click here to download the information & membership form. (PDF Format, 8/23/07)
- Sign Up for eScrip. KKHS PTSA's # is 7282592.
Safeway Club card members please go online to www.escrip.com to continue to designate King Kekaulike. Don't forget to renew every year! We earn cash back when you go online & designate KKHS at www.escrip.com and shop at Safeway and Macy's.
- Grad Nite 2008
Grad Nite 2008 will be held Thursday, May 29, 2008, following Commencement.
The Grad Nite Meetings will be held at 7pm in the Student Dining Room:March 6      If you have any questions, please contact Grad Nite Chairperson, Fanchette Robinson, at 573-7644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
May 1 & 22
- PTSA's Becca's Closet: (8/19/07) Our PTSA collects donations of new or barely new prom dresses or formal wear for students (from KKHS & other schools) to pick their formal wear. Nancy & Wendy Rose serve as co-chairs.
- PACT (8/9/07)
The Performing Arts Center Team (PACT) is focusing on getting the Visual and Performing Arts Learning Center built on our campus.
Performing Arts Learning Center Funds Released! Hooray! Governor Lingle released $650,000 authorized by Act 178, SLH 2005, as amended by Act 160, SLH 2006, for the purpose of financing the design of a new auditorium (Performing Arts Learning Center) for KKHS. Representative Yamashita dedicated time & energy to talk to key people to make this happen. Toby Neal coordinated the grass roots lobbying PACT team (Performing Arts Center Team) that provided the momentum for this idea through a petition. Mahalo to Governor Lingle and Representative Yamashita for believing in us, and the many faculty, parents and students who passionately spoke to our legislators and the Board of Education !! Mahalo!! (11/30/07)
- Reflections Program: (10/30/07)
The PTSA Reflection Program encourages students to express their creative talents & gain recognition in our school, state & national level. This year's theme is "I can make a difference by . . . " We encourage all students to express yourselves in one of these six categories: MUSICAL COMPOSITION, PHOTOGRAPHY, VISUAL ART, LITERATURE, FILM/VIDEO, or DANCE CHOREGRAPHY. Guidelines, rules and entry forms are in the office carousel or with various media teachers. Deadline is December 7, 2007. Please consider participating in this. Questions? Contact PTSA Reflections Chairperson, Marcia Wilmore-Aroyan at Ph. 579-8514 or email her at email@example.com.
- State PTSA Convention: April 2008
- At the PTSA General Membership Meeting in April 2008 the new PTSA Executive Board was elected.
Back to the Top
School Community Council
2007-08 School Community Council (SCC) (8/9/07)Chair person:       Sadie MossmanClick here for a brief purpose, role & responsibility (PDF Format)
Vice Chair:      Agnes Hayashi
Secretary:       Loren Ayresman
go to the Hawaii Department of Education's website at http://reach.k12.hi.us and click on School Community Council in the blue box.
Lei Making Class' Supply List
On Feb. 24, 2004 KKHS parents were invited to a free Lei Making Class from 6:30-8pm led by KKHS parent, Kernette Popock. Below are the lei specifics for those who attended:
There were 11 types of leis participants could choose to make. The supplies listed will be enough to make 2-1/2 leis (depending on how long you make the leis).
* Click here to open Supply List in a pdf file.
* Click here to open Supply List in html file
3 Samples of Leis from the lei making class.
Back to the Top