POLICIES FOR SCHOOL/CLASS EVENT PERMISSION FORMS
The policies were created by student leaders so student leaders could meet the deadlines of their action plans and accomplish their project goals.
Publicity: Event information will be published in a variety of styles and locations, such as
• Monthly activity calendar
• Daily bulletin
• Announcement flyer in each teacher’s box
• Na Ali`i 411
• PCNC Newsletter
• School sign
Distribution: Permission forms will be passed out during recess and lunch for 9 school days.
• Dates to distribute will be determined based on backward mapping from event date.
• Teachers/advisers must be present to verify obligations before permission forms can be distributed.
• The 9 days will overlap with payment.
Payment: Payment will be collected during recesses for 9 school days.
• Dates to pay will be determined based on backward mapping from event date.
• Teachers/advisers must be present to assist with collection of money
• The 9 days will overlap with distribution forms.
PURPOSE OF PROCEDURES:
• Makes students (and staff) responsible and accountable to meet deadlines and follow the 3Rs
• (Respect for policy, student leaders, committee, advisers, vendors and deadlines)
• (Rigor in successfully meeting established deadlines)
• (Relevancy to real life situations of meeting deadlines without penalties: a plane doesn’t wait for late flyers)
• It is disrespectful to those who are planning the event to ask for an extension of their action plan
• Accuracy of checking obligations and collecting money is crucial
• Early time frame is needed to meet ordering and count deadlines of caterers, hotels, table rentals, decorations, supplies, materials, security, police, chaperones, etc.
• Limited time frame is needed to accommodate other steps of the action plan in a timely manner